Study Techniques To Help You Succeed.
As a student, it is important to know the best study techniques that will help you succeed in school. Here are some useful study techniques that you can apply, so you can do much better at school.
TACKLING A NEW TOPIC.
What are you studying right now? Is it a new topic in English, Maths, Sciences, History, etc?
Whatever the subject, here are some techniques that will help you understand that topic and do much better than you are currently doing.
USE YOUR DICTIONARY OR GOOGLE MORE.
You guys are lucky because these days you have Google and You have Youtube!
In my time, all we had was just the English Dictionary! And not all of us could afford to buy the Oxford English Dictionary!
So, if you have a problem with a word or a concept, check it up in your dictionary or on goole.com.
These days, there is even an Online Dictionary that you access even on your Mobile Phone! You lucky people! In my time, there was no Mobile Phone! So, why not utilize your electronic gadgets to your advantage?
CHECK FOR THAT TOPIC ON YOUTUBE.COM.
You tube has a wealth of knowledge which have been uploaded by many generous people who are very happy to share their knowledge for free. So, go to Youtube.com and search for the topic you need to study.
I suggest you do this as early as you are told that you are going to study a new topic like:
Prepositions in English Language
Fractions in Mathematics
Julius Caesar by Shakespeare in English Literature
And so on.
When you find what you are looking for, watch the Video on it and make notes.
Then go back to your own School book and make sure to study what your teacher has told you would be next in your lessons.
THE TRICK OF BEATING YOUR COMPETITORS IS TO STUDY AHEAD OF THE CLASS.
I was taught this simple trick when I was a Grammar School Child in Year 1. My English was atrocious because all I knew well was my mother-tongue, having come from a village. So, all my sentences in English had errors in them! I was very distressed because of the many red marks all over my English Language exercise book!
All that changed when my English Teacher told me to study ahead of the class. She said:
– “Grace, when next I teach your class and tell you and your classmates that our next lesson will be Chapter 4 or whatever chapter, of your Class Reader, go ahead and study that Chapter well before I come back and teach it to you all.
– Use your Dictionary to understand new words you don’t know and write these meanings out in your Vocabulary Exercise Book.
– Answer all the questions in your Home Study exercise book, and check your answers. If you get any wrong, make sure you go over that again. If you are still not correct, then just wait until I teach it and you can raise your hand in class and ask me to explain it.”
The advantage of doing what my English teacher taught me to do are many.
1. You get to understand the topic much better than your classmates. This is because while your mates are just getting to grips with that new topic, you have already studied it in your own time, so, what the teacher is teaching you is no longer new or strange.
2. You will feel comfortable and happy with yourself because you can ask more meaningful questions that will give you a better understanding.
3. If you are the competitive type like me, you will find that you will do better in various assessments and avoid those annoying red marks from your teachers.
HIRE A PRIVATE TUTOR.
Once we receive the Form we will contact you to talk you through the details.
To help yourself do better at School, choose Amazing Success Tutors.
Amazing Success Tutors is your best study partner!